Sat, 23 May|
The Preliminary Challenger (Online) 挑戰者初賽（線上）
Participants will use and practice different English language skills by a series of interesting tasks in authentic scenarios and demonstrate multiple intelligences. It targets for secondary students. 本比賽提供一連串英語遊戲和任務，讓參賽者在真實情境中測試和溫習英語能力，同時訓練多元智能。比賽對象為中學生。
Time & Location 時間和地點
23 May 2020, 9:00 am
About The Event 關於本活動
The Preliminary Challenger (Online)
· Preliminary 1: 09 May 2020 (Sat) 0900
· Preliminary 2: 16 May 2020 (Sat) 0900
· Preliminary 3: 23 May 2020 (Sat) 0900
· Secondary school students
· Theme: Use and practice different English language skills
· Format: Online competition with 4 ppl a team. Questions will be announced through Flexiquiz (www.flexiquiz.com). Since most of the questions and tasks require team cooperation to solve, please make sure all team members participate and work together.
· Time Limit: 2 hours. There will be NO extra time for teams that do not start on time.
· Rules: Teams should finish the tasks as much as you can within the time limit. Each member in each team can see the questions and tasks in personal account online, but in the end, only the answers submitted by team leader’s account will be scored. There will be no bonus score even teammates complete the task correctly. During the competition, each team are demanded to communicate and discuss through designated WhatsApp groups. Each WhatsApp group has 5 people, consisting of 1 team leader, 3 teammates, and 1 supervisor appointed by ROUGH in order to ensure the fairness of the game. If any team wishes to use other software instead of WhatsApp to communicate and discuss during the competition, please inform us on or before 4 May 2020 to seek for approval.
· Before the game:
· All teams need to login to ZOOM 15 minutes before the start of the game, in order to ensure all equipment functioning. After 9:30 a.m. on the match day, there will be a briefing on ZOOM, explaining the competition details and precautions, and announce the start and end time of the match.
· During the game:
· Participants need to login to Flexiquiz (www.flexiquiz.com) to obtain the tasks and questions through the account received from us. Each team can discuss through the designated WhatsApp group, and answer on Flexiquiz. The captain and teammates can both give their answers on Flexiquiz, but only the team leader's answer will be used to score.
· After the game:
· Return to ZOOM and wait for the result announcement.
· Participants can register on the registration page (www.rough.org.hk) on or before 23:59 on 4 May 2020 (Mon). Participants are requested to provide an email address and phone number. After successful enrolment, you will receive a confirmation email. The personal account and login password for the competition will be enclosed in email, which is used to login to Flexiquiz on the competition.
· Depends on the final score, top 10 teams in each phase will be qualified into THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGER (04 July 2020).
· Qualifiers will be announced by ZOOM after the competition immediately, and the qualified list will be updated to ROUGH website and Facebook page shortly.
· For inquiry, please feel free to contact us by Whatsapp 64641134／Facebook @rough.org.hk／website www.rough.org.hk。